My Image
My Image
My Image
My Image
My Image
My Image
My Image
My Image
My Image

Whissonsett Village Hall & Committee Members

The AGM was held at the Village Hall on Wednesday 5th June 2017 and was well attended by the village; many thanks to everyone who came to support the Village Hall and participated during the meeting. The Treasurer gave the annual report (these are available by contacting the Secretary by telephone or email) and then the current committee stepped down from their posts, nominations were taken for new committee members and the following elected:

Carolyn Mc Arthur (Chair) - 01328 701114 (ICE 3)
Dawn Rangeley (Treasurer) - 07540891057 (ICE 2)
Karen Rodgers (Secretary - Job Share) - 07854566211 (ICE 4)
Sarah Gore Clough (Secretary - Job share) - 07714104029 (ICE 5)

(ICE = in case of emergency)

Our Caretaker continues to be Ellen Moore - 07786 943342 (ICE 1)


Committee Meetings at which the public are very welcome will generally take place on a monthly basis on the first Monday of the month. Please feel free to contact any of the committee if you would like to check a forthcoming meeting date. All meetings are at the Village Hall.

Details of our future events are available on both the events section of this website and on our Facebook page and we would appreciate as much support as possible. We look forward to seeing you there.


Hiring Fees

New Customers - £8 per hour, minimum 3 hours

Regular Bookings - £6 per hour


Wedding receptions - £100 (Kitchen facilities, Tables and Chairs Provided)


Parties - £50 per evening.

Contact

For all booking enquiries,
please contact Ellen Moore, Caretaker on 07786 943342.

Situated at the centre of the village in London Street, the Hall is Licensed for entertainment consisting of live and recorded music, dancing etc.

Accommodating up to 150 people depending on the activity, Main Hall with a small stage and kitchen, Male, Female and Accessible Toilets with access ramp, limited parking for users on site with ample parking nearby on the Playing fields, where there is also a dedicated children`s play area.


Minutes

Whissonsett Village Hall

Committee Meeting Minutes

2ndJuly 2018

Present – Dawn Rangeley (DR) Sarah Gore-Clough (SGC) Liz Andrews (LA) Bruce Andrews (BA) Jan Davenport (JD)

Apologies – George Rutter, Sue Rutter, Jean Hart, Dave Gore-Clough, Caroline Wilson, Julie Long

  • Minutes
  • Treasurers Report
  • Correspondence
  • Dates for Diary
  • AOB
  • Date of next meeting Monday 6thAugust 2018 @ 7.30pm

Meeting minutes of 14thMay meeting and 4thJune AGM agreed and signed by treasure (DR)

Bank balance £6,114.49

CAF change of name –

CAF froze online bank account as had not received all documentation, they now have this and we are awaiting confirmation of name change.

Various items to be paid in and out but unable to do at present due to the above.

100 club membership over £1,000 raised – we get 49% after winnings taken into account. Thanks to Caroline and John Wilson.


Electric changeover went ahead on 4thJune – downside both suppliers wanted paying this month, Meter reading required (DR to action)

Donation received from Mr and Mrs Stangroom of £200 following their open farm event on 10thJune

Robert Cox ceramics sold at village fete - £65 received

Awaiting total of Jane Weston contributions for coffee mornings held in hall.

Speak with Jan to speak with window cleaner for another visit to hall – inside & out

Defibrillator – needs a clear notice to advise people to dial 999 for access code plus postcode of location NR20 5ST (SGC to produce laminated sign)

Post office opening is still not reliable – two people came when village weeding was being done and very disgruntled that it was not open. Managed by Litcham Post Office and have been emailed to advise that this is not satisfactory but no response received. Paid money for broadband to be installed, should this be reviewed and we cut our losses and remove service from the village.

One enquiry for exhibitor at craft fayre – advised to get in contact with Caroline Wilson.

21stJuly

Defibrillator training @ 7pm

8 attendees

DR to leave TCB in kitchen 19thJuly

No volunteers attended who are looking at arranging the children’s event so no update

September or October tbc

Quiz and chips event

27thOctober 2017

Horticultural society pumpkin event

November tbc

Possible event linked to end of WW1

11thNovember

Poppy event in church

Saturday 17thNovember

Craft fayre – new time 10.00am to 1.00pm

Monday 3rdDecember

Christmas bingo

Thank you to the weeding team for the work done on the car park

Parking is still an ongoing issue by one user – has three vehicles on site and will not move them, has had ongoing fines, unsure if this has progressed to more than this or if fines paid. Anyone can report the vehicles for ticketing.